Cartoon Network

24 February 2013

Re: [DIY] Funky Fan

 

Well, I had to give up on the fan.  The brittle plastic piece that held the switch and electronics together was in 7 or more pieces; I couldn't fit it back together.  I tried taping the metal connector piece from the switch in various patterns over the SIX contact points on the electronic part, but never got any response.

Well, it just occurred to me that I could snip the leads to the electronic part, and join them up.   But there are several there, I'd have to figure out which ones.  And I'd have to haul the ladder back up the stairs, and eventually put those $%&&% set screws back in.  What a pain! 

Gee, we almost never use the fan, and t's beautiful just hanging there...


At 09:10 PM 2/11/2013, you wrote:

 

Is the fan definitely clicked on via the ceiling fan chain and definitely on at the wall switch?  Does your fan have a reverse rotation function and, if so, does it do anything or make any sounds when you flip that little switch on the ceiling fan and then turn it on?

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Lee M-S <steiconi@gmail.com> wrote:
 

long story short:
I took the ugly light kit off my ceiling fan a few years ago, and the fan
worked fine.
I put new blades on it a couple of years ago (got 'em at a second-hand
store, and redrilled the holes)--fan worked fine (at least at slow and med.
speeds).
I put a new light kit on it last week. Lights work, fan doesn't.
I took the light kit back to the store, it was too bright anyway. Fan
still doesn't work.

There are no apparent loose wires in the bottom section of the fan where I
wired in the light. The factory wire joins are all sealed plastic tubes.
I assume there's more wiring in the next section up, where the blades
attach, but I haven't opened it up.

Any suggestions on looking for the problem?

thanks,
Lee


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment