Cartoon Network

31 October 2012

Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer

 


We're planning to  move, and there are places down here in Florida that for some reason unbeknownst to me sell refurbished all-in-one washer/dryer tall units, one on top of the other. I'm thinking to buy one here and have it hauled up to PA with some other furniture which would make it cheaper.


From: Tori <fertilegrnd@yahoo.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer

 
Yes thats what my orig post was referring to. Mine is full size, but came w/brackets that allow it to be stacked. Never stacked. Need the space for safety reason and function so Id like to try but was worried that because they r full size that there could be an issue- which I still havent read that anyone has this setup.. Ive seen the slimmer stackables made for a small closet which I presume are safer as they are smaller. But I like the full size and hope to work w/ it. Otherwise it seems I may just have to consider the smaller stackable or the all-in-one unit that I'm hearing about now.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Cindi Wass <cleanboost2@...> wrote:
>
> I've seen pics of the single housing unit with washer and dryer. But I'm curious about the separate washer and dryer. If I got a front loading washer, would it be possible simply to place a dryer on top of the washer? Cindi
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Steve Wilson <virtualwilz@...>
> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:50 PM
> Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer
>
>
>  
> They are separate units that are designed to stack one on the other. They could be used as a side by side washer dryer too.
> The single unit stacked washer/dryer are one tall unit that has a
> common housing. On the single units that I've seen the washer was
> top loading and the dryer was front loading. But the washer tub was
> fairly small. But I haven't seen many.
> Steve
>
>
> On 10/27/2012 9:13 AM, Cindi Wass wrote:
>
>  
> >When you say they were separate units, did they "belong" to one another? Or did you simply stack a dryer on top of the washer?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >________________________________
> > From: mountain953346 <mountain953346@...>
> >To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> >Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:01 AM
> >Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer
> >
> >
> > 
> >My Kenmore stackables were pretty much separate units---
> >in other words, they were each free to
> breakdown and'
> >leave the other alone...except if a breaker
> blew.
> >One of the most interesting was a crazy cam
> wheel that
> >controlled the squirrel fan...never figured
> out the design..
> >just had to by 3 or 4 because it kept breaking
> every
> >year (on the dot on Feb 4th for 3 years in a
> row!)...
> >
> >I loved the units before I sold them as I
> started becoming
> >a housing slumlord...(LOL j.k_)
> >
> >Rich
> >
> >--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Cindi Wass <cleanboost2@> wrote:
> >>
> >> ooo I'm soo glad you mentioned this,
> because I've been looking at one piece
> washer/dryer units, dryer on top. I suppose
> that if one goes out of whack since they're
> attached in one piece, it becomes a problem.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> ________________________________
> >> From: Steve Wilson <virtualwilz@>
> >> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> >> Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 6:03 PM
> >> Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer
> >>
> >>
> >>  
> >> My house is setup for for a stackable
> washer/dryer. For years I couldn't afford to
> buy a set, I just used a washer in that place
> and ran an extension cord out to my dryer on
> the porch. Later I was finally able to afford
> a set. The only place I looked was at a Sears
> Outlet store. There are two types there. A
> washer/dryer that is a smaller single unit and
> units that are two separate machines that are
> designed to stack the dryer on top of the
> washer.
> >> For a home that is designed for a
> stackable unit the separate units
> >> are the most durable. The smaller single
> units are more for lighter
> >> loads and use. I got the separate units.
> I never did get the
> >> brackets for attaching them but the dryer
> has never fallen off yet.
> >> It does a little dance every now and then
> but doesn't walk off the
> >> washer.
> >> Mine work great. I had one dryer that the
> igniter failed in. I ended
> >> up replacing the whole unit. The second
> dryer unit has stood the
> >> test of time, knock on wood. The washer
> has always done me well.
> >> Front loading hasn't caused me any
> problems. These still take a good
> >> sized load but do clean better with a
> lighter load.
> >> Don't know anything about other brands
> other than Sears. You can
> >> really get a good price break by going to
> an outlet store. Most
> >> times there isn't much out of place with
> them. You just have to look
> >> them over really well but if there is
> anything wrong they will allow
> >> returns on them.
> >> Steve
> >>
> >>
> >> On 10/24/2012 3:15 AM, Tori wrote:
> >>
> >>  
> >> >Does anyone have any experience with
> stackable W/D? Id like to do this with full
> size using the included brackets, for front
> loaders. However Ive hesitated as I am only
> familiar with smaller size being stacked. It
> would work best in this room. Any negatives?
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
>



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (33)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment