Cartoon Network

28 October 2012

Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer

 

Hi, Bill. Yes/No. We are moving into a trailer and so I'd like to save space. Therefore the idea of one machine that looks like a washer, but is a washer-dryer all together sounded appealing. But yes, it is very expensive, and yes, if something goes wrong with it, I suppose the whole shebang stops working, more or less. Who knows? But then I thought, what about a washer/dryer stacked? And they are selling them refurbished cheaper around here in Florida refurbished with a 90-day warranty, there is a company that does that. And THEN, and THEN -- I thought about the chance that maybe I could just plunk a dryer on top of a washing machine. That is my last and real question. So I am told that the knobs, etc., will be on top of washing machine probably and therefore i cannot put a dryer conveniently on top of it. OK. Maybe I can, though. The trailer already has a washing machine in it, but the owner is taking the dryer. That is why I'm looking for a dryer to begin with, and not both. But if I have to I will look into getting a stackable.

Thanks for listening. Cindi


From: billsf9c <OOWONBS@Netscape.net>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:54 AM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer

 
Cindi - You misunderstand, I thiMk.

She speaks of a washer that is.... IS - ALSO the dryer.
Not stacked.

I've seen 1 once, that was 50 years old. They were sorta poor
& went out of style, but are coming back.

And yes - If one half goes bad, it ALL goes to the shop.

Just consider that they may be suitable, sometimes, but sometimes, a tool that does TWO things is not as good as a tool that does only 1 thing.

I have LG front loaders on their pedestal. Takes room...
Like them. Large 4 cu ft. Wish it was 5 or 6.

Someone put central heating into the linen closets at my place.
I have yet to move it to the attic. We sure would like the linen closet however.

BillSF9c

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Cindi Wass <cleanboost2@...> wrote:
> ooo I'm soo glad you mentioned this, because I've been looking at one piece washer/dryer units, dryer on top. I suppose that if one goes out of whack since they're attached in one piece, it becomes a problem.



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (24)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment