Cartoon Network

31 October 2012

Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer

 

Yes thats what my orig post was referring to. Mine is full size, but came w/brackets that allow it to be stacked. Never stacked. Need the space for safety reason and function so Id like to try but was worried that because they r full size that there could be an issue- which I still havent read that anyone has this setup.. Ive seen the slimmer stackables made for a small closet which I presume are safer as they are smaller. But I like the full size and hope to work w/ it. Otherwise it seems I may just have to consider the smaller stackable or the all-in-one unit that I'm hearing about now.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Cindi Wass <cleanboost2@...> wrote:
>
> I've seen pics of the single housing unit with washer and dryer. But I'm curious about the separate washer and dryer. If I got a front loading washer, would it be possible simply to place a dryer on top of the washer? Cindi
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Steve Wilson <virtualwilz@...>
> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:50 PM
> Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer
>
>
>  
> They are separate units that are designed to stack one on the other. They could be used as a side by side washer dryer too.
> The single unit stacked washer/dryer are one tall unit that has a
> common housing. On the single units that I've seen the washer was
> top loading and the dryer was front loading. But the washer tub was
> fairly small. But I haven't seen many.
> Steve
>
>
> On 10/27/2012 9:13 AM, Cindi Wass wrote:
>
>  
> >When you say they were separate units, did they "belong" to one another? Or did you simply stack a dryer on top of the washer?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >________________________________
> > From: mountain953346 <mountain953346@...>
> >To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> >Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:01 AM
> >Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer
> >
> >
> > 
> >My Kenmore stackables were pretty much separate units---
> >in other words, they were each free to
> breakdown and'
> >leave the other alone...except if a breaker
> blew.
> >One of the most interesting was a crazy cam
> wheel that
> >controlled the squirrel fan...never figured
> out the design..
> >just had to by 3 or 4 because it kept breaking
> every
> >year (on the dot on Feb 4th for 3 years in a
> row!)...
> >
> >I loved the units before I sold them as I
> started becoming
> >a housing slumlord...(LOL j.k_)
> >
> >Rich
> >
> >--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Cindi Wass <cleanboost2@> wrote:
> >>
> >> ooo I'm soo glad you mentioned this,
> because I've been looking at one piece
> washer/dryer units, dryer on top. I suppose
> that if one goes out of whack since they're
> attached in one piece, it becomes a problem.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> ________________________________
> >> From: Steve Wilson <virtualwilz@>
> >> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> >> Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 6:03 PM
> >> Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer
> >>
> >>
> >>  
> >> My house is setup for for a stackable
> washer/dryer. For years I couldn't afford to
> buy a set, I just used a washer in that place
> and ran an extension cord out to my dryer on
> the porch. Later I was finally able to afford
> a set. The only place I looked was at a Sears
> Outlet store. There are two types there. A
> washer/dryer that is a smaller single unit and
> units that are two separate machines that are
> designed to stack the dryer on top of the
> washer.
> >> For a home that is designed for a
> stackable unit the separate units
> >> are the most durable. The smaller single
> units are more for lighter
> >> loads and use. I got the separate units.
> I never did get the
> >> brackets for attaching them but the dryer
> has never fallen off yet.
> >> It does a little dance every now and then
> but doesn't walk off the
> >> washer.
> >> Mine work great. I had one dryer that the
> igniter failed in. I ended
> >> up replacing the whole unit. The second
> dryer unit has stood the
> >> test of time, knock on wood. The washer
> has always done me well.
> >> Front loading hasn't caused me any
> problems. These still take a good
> >> sized load but do clean better with a
> lighter load.
> >> Don't know anything about other brands
> other than Sears. You can
> >> really get a good price break by going to
> an outlet store. Most
> >> times there isn't much out of place with
> them. You just have to look
> >> them over really well but if there is
> anything wrong they will allow
> >> returns on them.
> >> Steve
> >>
> >>
> >> On 10/24/2012 3:15 AM, Tori wrote:
> >>
> >>  
> >> >Does anyone have any experience with
> stackable W/D? Id like to do this with full
> size using the included brackets, for front
> loaders. However Ive hesitated as I am only
> familiar with smaller size being stacked. It
> would work best in this room. Any negatives?
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (31)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment