Cartoon Network

28 October 2012

Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer

 

No. Regular washers aren't designed to have weight put on the top like that and the controls on a normal washer are usually extended above the top.
The top of a stackable washer is a lot like a table or a shelf, flat with accommodations for the weight of a dryer on top.
Steve

On 10/27/2012 2:06 PM, Cindi Wass wrote:
 
I've seen pics of the single housing unit with washer and dryer. But I'm curious about the separate washer and dryer. If I got a front loading washer, would it be possible simply to place a dryer on top of the washer? Cindi



From: Steve Wilson <virtualwilz@yahoo.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 1:50 PM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer

 
They are separate units that are designed to stack one on the other. They could be used as a side by side washer dryer too.
The single unit stacked washer/dryer are one tall unit that has a common housing. On the single units that I've seen the washer was top loading and the dryer was front loading. But the washer tub was fairly small. But I haven't seen many.
Steve

On 10/27/2012 9:13 AM, Cindi Wass wrote:
 
When you say they were separate units, did they "belong" to one another? Or did you simply stack a dryer on top of the washer?



From: mountain953346 <mountain953346@yahoo.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer

 
My Kenmore stackables were pretty much separate units---
in other words, they were each free to breakdown and'
leave the other alone...except if a breaker blew.
One of the most interesting was a crazy cam wheel that
controlled the squirrel fan...never figured out the design..
just had to by 3 or 4 because it kept breaking every
year (on the dot on Feb 4th for 3 years in a row!)...

I loved the units before I sold them as I started becoming
a housing slumlord...(LOL j.k_)

Rich

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Cindi Wass <cleanboost2@...> wrote:
>
> ooo I'm soo glad you mentioned this, because I've been looking at one piece washer/dryer units, dryer on top. I suppose that if one goes out of whack since they're attached in one piece, it becomes a problem.
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Steve Wilson <virtualwilz@...>
> To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 6:03 PM
> Subject: Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer
>
>
>  
> My house is setup for for a stackable washer/dryer. For years I couldn't afford to buy a set, I just used a washer in that place and ran an extension cord out to my dryer on the porch. Later I was finally able to afford a set. The only place I looked was at a Sears Outlet store. There are two types there. A washer/dryer that is a smaller single unit and units that are two separate machines that are designed to stack the dryer on top of the washer.
> For a home that is designed for a stackable unit the separate units
> are the most durable. The smaller single units are more for lighter
> loads and use. I got the separate units. I never did get the
> brackets for attaching them but the dryer has never fallen off yet.
> It does a little dance every now and then but doesn't walk off the
> washer.
> Mine work great. I had one dryer that the igniter failed in. I ended
> up replacing the whole unit. The second dryer unit has stood the
> test of time, knock on wood. The washer has always done me well.
> Front loading hasn't caused me any problems. These still take a good
> sized load but do clean better with a lighter load.
> Don't know anything about other brands other than Sears. You can
> really get a good price break by going to an outlet store. Most
> times there isn't much out of place with them. You just have to look
> them over really well but if there is anything wrong they will allow
> returns on them.
> Steve
>
>
> On 10/24/2012 3:15 AM, Tori wrote:
>
>  
> >Does anyone have any experience with stackable W/D? Id like to do this with full size using the included brackets, for front loaders. However Ive hesitated as I am only familiar with smaller size being stacked. It would work best in this room. Any negatives?
> >
> >
>







__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (20)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment