Cartoon Network

27 October 2012

Re: [DIY] Washer/dryer

 

My house is setup for for a stackable washer/dryer. For years I couldn't afford to buy a set, I just used a washer in that place and ran an extension cord out to my dryer on the porch. Later I was finally able to afford a set. The only place I looked was at a Sears Outlet store. There are two types there. A washer/dryer that is a smaller single unit and units that are two separate machines that are designed to stack the dryer on top of the washer.
For a home that is designed for a stackable unit the separate units are the most durable. The smaller single units are more for lighter loads and use. I got the separate units. I never did get the brackets for attaching them but the dryer has never fallen off yet. It does a little dance every now and then but doesn't walk off the washer.
Mine work great. I had one dryer that the igniter failed in. I ended up replacing the whole unit. The second dryer unit has stood the test of time, knock on wood. The washer has always done me well.
Front loading hasn't caused me any problems. These still take a good sized load but do clean better with a lighter load.
Don't know anything about other brands other than Sears. You can really get a good price break by going to an outlet store. Most times there isn't much out of place with them. You just have to look them over really well but if there is anything wrong they will allow returns on them.
Steve

On 10/24/2012 3:15 AM, Tori wrote:
 

Does anyone have any experience with stackable W/D? Id like to do this with full size using the included brackets, for front loaders. However Ive hesitated as I am only familiar with smaller size being stacked. It would work best in this room. Any negatives?


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment