Cartoon Network

13 December 2012

Re: [DIY] consistently leaking toilet!! help

 

I bought a new toilet in the late 90's. It's a American Standard power flush, it uses an air cylinder to compress the water charge, sort of like a water hammer cylinder.
When it flushes it pushes the water pretty hard. I also tiled the floor at the same time so the base was higher than it was previously. I tried wax rings but they blew out, I tried two also but same problem. I found a different type of seal at Home Depot, it used a flange with a neoprene seal that contacts the toilet base. I had to buy a few spacers to bring it up to the base of the toilet. I never had another problem. It never leaked again.
If you can't bolt the toilet down, there isn't much that would help except to fix the flange.
Here's an idea for that too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jl3P7sjxCk
Steve

On 12/10/2012 2:52 PM, Mountain Master wrote:
 

I think this was way too muchactivity for 4 spams
that slipped through..enuf...I should not even have
written this...but lets get back to serious
business on why my toilet leaks when I put new
was ring in and it still seeps out bottom...is there
a way to replace that cast iron flange with an
insert or something.. Please advise all you
crapper experts! LOL  You all know that
Mr. Crapper invented the toilet? I think that
is a fact...I did not google..jsut from my crappy
memmory...ohgawd i better shut up and get
off the ...ahhh...crapper...

Thanks

____________________

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
~Ronald Reagan


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (19)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment