Cartoon Network

13 December 2012

Re: [DIY] Spam and my consistently leaking toilet!! help

 

I had a big problem this year with a flange that was too high.  If you leave the wax ring out completely, will the toilet set flat?  If not, then the flange height is doing you in.

Google Jers Tablet
Woodhaven, MI

On Dec 12, 2012 9:18 AM, "mountain953346" <mountain953346@yahoo.com> wrote:



Thanks...I have put in new and remodel toilets without leaking
but this one is cursed I think!! The floor flange is corroded
(black iron pipe I think) and the bolts do not hold it
down and it rocks..so I think you hit the nail on the head
here...The floor flange is in a concrete slab so there is
little chance for replacement unless I get a jackhammer
and open the entire floor area up..ugh and double ugh..
I will try the extra wax ring..did not think of that..

AND by the way that very rude person who wrote me..
please keep a lid on it...I just junk your email...

I support Dale and his efforts 1000% and this list...you
seem too easy to jump to conclusions...you should fully
understand a little toilet humor before you spam me..I have
never spammed this list and never will...I am as old as Dale
have built several homes, work for H4H regularly and
believe in God, Country, Motherhood, apple pie and DYI
and served in Combat in the US Military with extreme Valor,
and was wounded for our country..so just back off with your emails please...
whomever you are...and I do not expect any more from you...it
is uncalled for...peace and back to DYI fun and $aving$.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, OOWONBS@... wrote:
>
> >...but lets get back to seriousbusiness on why my toilet leaks when I put new was ring in and it still seeps out bottom...is therea way to replace that cast iron flange with aninsert or something..
>
>
> There are $2 &3 &4$ rings. I often get the heavieer as they tend to have more wax.
>
> Also, you can reuse 80% of the wax that is there... just gently reform it.
>
> There ARE new gadgets/adaptors that work with the flange you have.
> They run $10-20. You need to be handy or a plumber to apply them.
>
> I wonder if you are bolting the toilet down, so it doesn't rock
> & break the wax seal? Trying to set a toilet with the tank on it,
> in place, is a lil hard for a newbie. Gotta be level, yet, schoosh
> it onto place. LOL!
>
> The wax is a bit messy so have a roll of paper towels handy.
> Have the wax at room temp minimum. I toss mine (in the box)
> on the dash for an hr. (Maybe not, were I in Phoenix, AZ.)
>
> BillSF9c
>




------------------------------------

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DoIt_Yourself/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DoIt_Yourself/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    DoIt_Yourself-digest@yahoogroups.com
    DoIt_Yourself-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    DoIt_Yourself-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (18)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment