Cartoon Network

20 December 2012

Re: [DIY] RE: Dale and winter

 

I will not deny my romantic leanings, the only thing missing is either the wood stove or the fire place.  Our daughter heats with a pellet stove and I burned up several bags of pellets last fall just so I could sit and watch the flames.  She also have a large burn pit in the back yard and we would sit wrapped up like Eskimos watching the flames leap and swirl until the wee hours of the night.  Also a great way to get rid of trash and the remains of several old out buildings in the process.  We have had a terrible time trying to get into the Christmas mood this year.  The weather has been too warm and too dry right around here, but this little storm and the snow that came with it will provide a real shopping boost for the local merchants.

Dale in the Flatlands.

John and Carmen Stuart wrote:
 

Dale, you are a total romantic. Quite a cozy image you paint of your life,... full of warm home, new oven- cookies in your mind and a  storm to give the picture some texture of winter.

I was working in a sweater most of the day, playing in concrete, cookies already baked, shopping done.  We haven't gotten any Winter yet, but it is coming.
carmen


On Dec 19, 2012, at 10:23 PM, Dale S wrote:

 

Those who might be depressed by the prospects of a winter storm should probably just skip over this post, put for the rest, the wind is howling and sleet and snow are pounding against the north side of the house.  Finally we are beginning to have a winter some of us can enjoy.  I walked out to the shop in my shirt sleeves to check the new finish I had put on one of work benches as I get ready to begin another round of cabinet construction, and the bite of the coming storm gave me a new burst of invigorating energy.  I will however get a fiendish thrill visiting with several friends who will have to chop holes through the ice in their water tanks and feed cattle tomorrow morning, but then I did not force them to buy that last load of feeders.

I was a baker for a year or so right after high-school and promised the little wife I would do the first round of cookie baking tomorrow morning.  Haven't baked in several years and I'm kind of looking forward to getting back into the flour and shortening again.  Bought momma a new 40 inch 5 burner, double oven, dual fuel kitchen range last year and I'm anxious to see how the convection feature works out.  I started out baking with large commercial reel and brick ovens, and most of the toys they sell for home use just never have really pushed my hot buttons.  This new range of hers though seems to be the closest to a brick oven I have found yet.

I think I will push my bed up close to the window and let the whine of the wind as it whips around the northeast corner of the house lull me off to dream land.

Good Night and God Bless.

--
Dale in the Flatlands.



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment