Cartoon Network

14 January 2014

[DIY] Re: Winterizing an Unoccupied House

 

Hello --

I live at 6,000 feet near Yosemite wild country, Calif and for the last
5 years I shut my home down and spend winter down
south...

I shut water off at street, do all the antifreeze stuff
as previously posted...

My question is that I leave one baseboard heater
on set at about 34deg...It can run avg of $50/month
with high of $120...I usually heat with 2 woodburning
stoves when I am home...is it really necessary to leave
someheat on or is it ok to let it go cold?  I think of the
house frame wood and furniture "like" a little warmth rather than
freezing cold?

Is it really necessary anyone think?  Laren? Terry? Dale? Jerry?
thoughts??


Rich and Kate

 
____________________




Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment