Cartoon Network

09 January 2014

Re: [DIY] Re: With this freezing weather

 

Heat tape started a fire? I'm ok today, the weather is warm-er and I kept the faucet dripping, I figured whatever happens happens, and I'm thinking the waterline slightly froze but not entirely. Maybe I'm wrong, but for a while the drip was only hot water, finally the cold water kicked in. I had one of those new-fangled inventions installed recently, one handle faucet + spray. Today it's OK, but of course I am worried about the future in more ways than one, because we plan to get out of town for about 6 weeks during the winter. I realize I need to ask a neighbor to check on those very cold days.

But I am curious about the heat tape. What it does -- and why did it start a fire? That doesn't sound good.


On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:01 AM, carmen s. <mom2mini@bellsouth.net> wrote:
 
I know of one case where the heat tape started a fire.
carmen
~~~
On Jan 8, 2014, at 6:13 AM, Meari wrote:

 

When I lived in a mobile home, I had heat tape on my pipes.

 


Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
.



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment