Cartoon Network

15 January 2014

RE: [DIY] Re: Winterizing an Unoccupied House

 

I'm so jealous!  I used to hike a lot in Yosemite.
 
I don't know if it'll hurt to leave a little heat on.   I always think that if you let the temperature drop with the weather, it'll kill off those bugs that are in there.  However, some things in the house may not be capable of  completely freezing. 
 
Have you thought of renting out the house for those months you're away?  Maybe someone who teaches skiing or cold weather survival.  Just a thought.
 

To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: mountain953346@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 07:36:20 -0800
Subject: [DIY] Re: Winterizing an Unoccupied House

 
Hello --

I live at 6,000 feet near Yosemite wild country, Calif and for the last
5 years I shut my home down and spend winter down
south...

I shut water off at street, do all the antifreeze stuff
as previously posted...

My question is that I leave one baseboard heater
on set at about 34deg...It can run avg of $50/month
with high of $120...I usually heat with 2 woodburning
stoves when I am home...is it really necessary to leave
someheat on or is it ok to let it go cold?  I think of the
house frame wood and furniture "like" a little warmth rather than
freezing cold?

Is it really necessary anyone think?  Laren? Terry? Dale? Jerry?
thoughts??


Rich and Kate

 
____________________




Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment