Cartoon Network

20 March 2016

Re: [DIY] Dishwasher is DEAD DEAD DEAD

 

We have a very old washer that fills the tub and moves the water around for a minute then dumps the water and starts again.  It does not even try to open the soap door until the second fill.  Is that concept dead to us if we ever replace the unit?

Jerry Windows
Woodhaven, Mi

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 9:10 AM, 'oakridgefarm@gmail.com' oakridgefarm@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Thanks for posting this Aki, I like to see followups, but more important for me — it made me feel better :)  It isn't my water system or the dishwasher, but the new way of doing things just don't get hot enough fast enough - I can run a rinse cycle and get the tub heated but just usually let it do what it does.  I usually use the liquid "complete" cascade but when I put it on temp booster (140)  or sanitize I use the packets..  Although mine is 42 db, we still can't hear it running.  Glad now I didn't go with the 3rd rack and am very happy with all the up/down adjustments as well as all the tines being adjustable.  Checking the heated dry raises the temp of the last rinse, which I like so don't need the sanitizer selection too often.  I agree the interior is dark, I've left a couple of items on the bottom occasionally, especially clear bowls which disappear.  Sounds like you got a good deal!   Oh, one item I never gave a thought to but use every day is the bottle jets.  I don't have baby bottles nor do we use sports bottles but for items like coffee cups that may have a residue in them it washes right at the source - also holds small items that might tip over or not wide enough for water to get into them, and come out sparkling clean. The wine glass racks don't fit my regular glasses but is helpful for other things and can be repositioned as needed.  I do like the ability to choose the upper/lower or both racks.  We often don't have enough to run a full load — I'm not sure it saves any energy but I feel better about it.

On Mar 20, 2016, at 6:56 AM, 'aki' 01dyna@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Just a follow up that we purchased a new KitchenAid dishwasher about a month ago. It's unbelievably quiet (39db) and cost a fortune (IMHO) but we had





__._,_.___

Posted by: Jerry Hnidy <jhnidy@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment