Cartoon Network

22 March 2016

Re: [DIY] Re: Cutting a PVC post

 

Hi mike.

It will not be mounted to wood. I just need to cut one end to make it 72 inches. I think it comes at 96 inches. 

I might have access to a miter saw. 

When I tried to cut pvc tubes with a hacksaw, I could never get a straight cut, that's why I was hoping to do it with some type of power tool 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 21, 2016, at 6:47 PM, "Mike Shoaf mike.shoaf@yahoo.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

is the post permanently mounted to a wooden post inside? I installed pvc handrails on my parents' porches: if you can cut the pvc sections separate from the wood inside post it is much easier. I cut the pvc with a portable bandsaw and never had one shatter or splinter. A very fine blade such as a bandsaw blade is much better in this situation! if no bandsaw is available, you should consider using a hacksaw or possibly a reciprocating saw (sawzall) with a blade used to cut metal

__._,_.___

Posted by: Frank Ruggiero <frankruggiero@me.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment