Cartoon Network

16 March 2016

Re: [DIY] Toy flushed

 

Hi Joyce. So the cell phone (if you wanted to) could have been retrieved after you took the original toilet out? That is what I am hoping so i can reuse the original toilet. 

I'm
Not sure why the plumber insisted it is impossible to remove the toy after the toilet was removed other than to sell me a new toilet. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2016, at 9:09 PM, "Joyce O theoldhen@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Frank a couple of years ago my cell phone dropped out of my pocket and down the toilet it went. 

We assumed it went down and out of the toilet and was stopping up thingsin the pipe to the septic.

Not so... now I know that part at the bottom of the toilet is called "the trap"

we were planning to purchase a new toilet because the old one was leaking...
bought the new one... removed the old one and not only saw a teensie weensie crack which was the leak problem...
but saw the phone at the very bottom of the toilet where it could not pass through the hold in the bottom.

I do not understand why the toilet could not be removed ...snatch out the toy and replace the toilet. You would need to buy a new wax ring for the bottom before you reset.

My advice is to buy the extra thick wax ring.

Good luck... if you do not feel confident doing this make a few calls. You can always get the names of plumbers from your local lumber yard. Or yellow pages... or google.





Joyce aka Mom aka Nana


On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Frank Ruggiero frankruggiero@me.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My 2 year old son flushed a small wooden toy down the toilet. I tried reaching in with my hand, but the hole is so small and seems to be on some type of curve so there was no way I could get it. I tried using a thick snake. No luck.

My wife called a plumber. The plumber stated that the toy was definitely in the toilet trap but that I would need to get a new toilet, because I would not be able to get the toy out?

He wanted $400 just to remove the old toilet. I told him thanks, but no thanks.

If I removed the toilet, could I not get the toy out from the bottom? Foolishly, I did flush it once, but the plumber states the toy is definitely in the toilet trap.

Why would I not be able to get the toy out if I pulled the toilet out?

Thanks In advance for any insight.

Frank

Sent from my iPhone


__._,_.___

Posted by: Frank Ruggiero <frankruggiero@me.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment