Cartoon Network

16 March 2016

RE: [DIY] Toy flushed

 

Are you sure he didn't say "methane trap"?  The way the plumbing is in the toilet, it creates a trap to keep the methane gases from entering the bathroom like the P-trap under the sink. 
 

To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 20:49:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [DIY] Toy flushed

 
Hi Ron. 

Thanks for your feedback. Why do you think it's best to push out the toy from behind? I have a kohler toilet. The plumber claimed there is some type of methane flap in the toilet and that I would not be able to get it out. That makes no sense to me. Do you think that it true?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2016, at 7:33 PM, "Ron Johnson l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 


Toys, pens, toothbrushes, Q-tips, they are all a problem.  The best solution would be to remove the toilet, turn it upside down, and run an auger through the bottom, which is now on top.  It should push the toy out.  If not, a new toilet might be considered.  Since it's wooden, it might have swollen and become lodged. 
 
Use a new wax ring when you reinstall it.  And remember, when you remove the old wax ring, not to let any of the wax fall into the drain - that'll be another headache since it doesn't dissolve.  If the old bolts are rusty, replace them - make sure the two are the exact same distance from the wall - at least 12" from it. I tend to buy two sets so I can lock the bolt in place on the ring and use the nuts from the other set to hold the toilet down.  Tighten but not TOO tight - you don't want to break the base.  That'll be another toilet and wax ring to install.
 

To: doit_yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:13:58 -0400
Subject: [DIY] Toy flushed

 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My 2 year old son flushed a small wooden toy down the toilet. I tried reaching in with my hand, but the hole is so small and seems to be on some type of curve so there was no way I could get it. I tried using a thick snake. No luck.

My wife called a plumber. The plumber stated that the toy was definitely in the toilet trap but that I would need to get a new toilet, because I would not be able to get the toy out?

He wanted $400 just to remove the old toilet. I told him thanks, but no thanks.

If I removed the toilet, could I not get the toy out from the bottom? Foolishly, I did flush it once, but the plumber states the toy is definitely in the toilet trap.

Why would I not be able to get the toy out if I pulled the toilet out?

Thanks In advance for any insight.

Frank

Sent from my iPhone


__._,_.___

Posted by: Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)

Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail App
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use, Yahoo Mail app today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment