Cartoon Network

15 February 2012

[DIY] Re: LP Gas

 

Although have little experience with Propane (LP), I believe the standard size tank is 250 gallon. Often the minimum amount to purchase (get delivery) is 100 gallons. I had a trailer once and used it for the water heater only (1 person). I used 100 gallons per 6 months. So that means a family of 8 would need over 100 gallons per month + cooking. Is the space heating going to be Propane? That may require a larger tank or weekly fillings in the winter.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Charlie Rettberg <charlie.rettberg@...> wrote:
>
> GOOD AFTERNOON, DIY'ers!!
>
> We are looking at purchasing some rural land and building on it. I have
> been told that natural gas is not available in the area, so I am
> considering LP.
>
> Ultimately, we would like to cook, heat water, and have a backup generator
> for the well pump driven by the LP. We live in coastal SC; Hugo had power
> off in this area for a couple of weeks.
>
> My questions to this group are:
>
> What questions should I be asking about LP in general, and what questions
> do I need to ask of potential suppliers?
>
> Do I need to buy a tank, or are those generally rented? Assuming they are
> generally rented, what does rent usually run for an LP tank, and what sizes
> should I be focusing on for a family of 8 and about 2000 sq ft?
>
> --------
> Charlie Rettberg
> charlie.rettberg@...
>
> Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on
> your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make
> your paths straight.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment