Cartoon Network

13 February 2012

Re: [DIY] leaking kit faucet at spout

 

Uh, the link yu sent looks just like my own kitchen faucet and it too leaked
at the bottem of the spout. Not at first but a year or so later after it
was installed.
At first I tried to tighten it up myself too ... but to no avail..... but I
was only applying one wrench to try and turn it to tighten it.....but then
I had a plumber look at it some time later ..after a year or so of the
leaking when ever I used the faucet (he was here to do other major repairs
at the time...this was an easy fix for him and I felt really stupid.after he
fixed iit, kicking my self in the butt here )
If this is the same problem I had..you Don't need to go down there,(under
beneath the sink faucet to cure the problem ) but you will need an
.adjustable wrench I suppect and another wrench.... To fix the problem.
You can "lock in the adjustable wrench"..sorry guys if I don't have the
wording right here...so help me out here...... but it's wrench that has a
adjustable jaws and a stem comeing out of it with a button on the end of it
that one can dial down and LOCK in place (so what 's that called?).
Once you have this in place and locked down...then you can use another set
of piers/wrench to tighten the faucet as this locked wrench will hold it in
place while you tighten the faucet ...there are rubber washers inside the
faucet that need to be tightened down and this can be done by you when you
tighten it with a wench. But the second wrench you use needs too big
enough that you can ajust them ... bigger than the regular small size
wire priers that we know and love. After you have the base of the faucet
locked down......you need to use the second wrench ...........to turn and
lock down the faucet's washers. This wrench also needs to be
adjustable but only in it's head ... what I call Priers or wrenches come in
all different sizes. .......but this wrench does not need to have a lock
down button/dial on it.
I don't know if I've made this clear enough. But one wench needs to hold the
base of your faucet IN place ( locked) while the other wrench tightens the
connection .
Now I will go and ask the guys here on list to help me explain to you if
I've not named these tools properly as I am pretty sure what I call them are
not what is proper.
sj,
also an older female just trying to get by the best I can
........<DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [DIY] leaking kit faucet at spout

>
> It looks a lot like this:
>
> http://www.peerlessfaucet.com/customer-support/find-repair-parts/documentation/p99500.html?document=pd&documentIndex=0#viewDocument
>
>
>
> It may be a Peerless or a Moen. No name on it in the usual places. Does
> the decorative finial shaped piece that holds the spout in tighten down?
> It leaks between the finial and the plate/platform.
>
>
> --- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, S_Wilson <virtualwilz@...> wrote:
>>
>> As there are several different manufactures of faucets, a picture would
>> help a lot.
>> There may be a plumber here that recognizes your description, I don't.
>> There are diagrams all over the internet. Do a Google search for
>> 'kitchen faucet diagram', see if you can identify the faucet. You'll
>> need to what its manufacturer is to get the right parts.
>> Steve
>>
>>
>> On 2/12/2012 9:38 AM, sirpackyderm wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> > I have a kitchen faucet that leaks at the base of the spout. I can not
>> > remember how it is assembled. There is a decorative cone shaped piece
>> > that goes around the spout pipe. It does not swivel but holds the pipe
>> > that does swivel. The water comes out at the bottom of the cone and
>> > above the cover plate that holds the hot and cold water handles. Does
>> > this cone shaped piece unscrew? While I can get underneath the sink it
>> > is getting more difficult as I get older and I would be really happy
>> > if I do not have to get down there.
>> >
>> > Any way I can not find schematics on line on how it is put together.
>> >
>> >
>>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe
> send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
> Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment