Cartoon Network

20 February 2012

Re: [DIY] Blue painter's tape

 

I don't remember what the time is for the blue tape, at least a couple of weeks I think.  My problem was in getting it to hold good.  I've not used it on wallpaper but have on just about every other thing with no problem, including freshly painted walls.  They also make a longer hold tape, it's lavender in color. We used the same method when painting the ceiling and I found it's worth the little extra money to buy the heavier plastic, easier to handle large sections and doesn't tear.



On Feb 19, 2012, at 12:35 PM, mom2mini@bellsouth.net wrote:

 

I have to have a plaster ceiling repaired and it is above to a newly wallpapered wall.
I am going to prep that wall and try hard to keep it from getting ruined by the repair job which means removing damaged plaster and re-taping ceiling sheetrock and re-plastering.
If I buy the widest Blue painters tape and tape protective plastic over that wallpaper, what are the odds of the paper being pulled off the wall when it is removed?
How long can you leave that blue tape up before it becomes hard to remove?
thanks for any suggestions or comments,
carmen s.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment