Cartoon Network

13 February 2012

Re: [DIY] leaking kit faucet at spout

 


Your description was just fine. What I call a crescent wrench no matter who manufactured it. :) Just like all locking pliers are vice grips and all circular saw are Skil saws unless I need parts. I'll try finding a strap wrench for the cone and see if it comes off. Once I get to any compression fittings I'll be OK; I think.
--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Shelby Kail" <sjkail@...> wrote:
>
> Uh, the link yu sent looks just like my own kitchen faucet and it too leaked
> at the bottem of the spout. Not at first but a year or so later after it
> was installed.
> At first I tried to tighten it up myself too ... but to no avail..... but I
> was only applying one wrench to try and turn it to tighten it.....but then
> I had a plumber look at it some time later ..after a year or so of the
> leaking when ever I used the faucet (he was here to do other major repairs
> at the time...this was an easy fix for him and I felt really stupid.after he
> fixed iit, kicking my self in the butt here )
> If this is the same problem I had..you Don't need to go down there,(under
> beneath the sink faucet to cure the problem ) but you will need an
> .adjustable wrench I suppect and another wrench.... To fix the problem.
> You can "lock in the adjustable wrench"..sorry guys if I don't have the
> wording right here...so help me out here...... but it's wrench that has a
> adjustable jaws and a stem comeing out of it with a button on the end of it
> that one can dial down and LOCK in place (so what 's that called?).
> Once you have this in place and locked down...then you can use another set
> of piers/wrench to tighten the faucet as this locked wrench will hold it in
> place while you tighten the faucet ...there are rubber washers inside the
> faucet that need to be tightened down and this can be done by you when you
> tighten it with a wench. But the second wrench you use needs too big
> enough that you can ajust them ... bigger than the regular small size
> wire priers that we know and love. After you have the base of the faucet
> locked down......you need to use the second wrench ...........to turn and
> lock down the faucet's washers. This wrench also needs to be
> adjustable but only in it's head ... what I call Priers or wrenches come in
> all different sizes. .......but this wrench does not need to have a lock
> down button/dial on it.
> I don't know if I've made this clear enough. But one wench needs to hold the
> base of your faucet IN place ( locked) while the other wrench tightens the
> connection .
> Now I will go and ask the guys here on list to help me explain to you if
> I've not named these tools properly as I am pretty sure what I call them are
> not what is proper.
> sj,
> also an older female just trying to get by the best I can
> ........<DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 1:27 PM
> Subject: Re: [DIY] leaking kit faucet at spout
>
>
> >
> > It looks a lot like this:
> >
> > http://www.peerlessfaucet.com/customer-support/find-repair-parts/documentation/p99500.html?document=pd&documentIndex=0#viewDocument
> >
> >
> >
> > It may be a Peerless or a Moen. No name on it in the usual places. Does
> > the decorative finial shaped piece that holds the spout in tighten down?
> > It leaks between the finial and the plate/platform.
> >
> >
> > --- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, S_Wilson <virtualwilz@> wrote:
> >>
> >> As there are several different manufactures of faucets, a picture would
> >> help a lot.
> >> There may be a plumber here that recognizes your description, I don't.
> >> There are diagrams all over the internet. Do a Google search for
> >> 'kitchen faucet diagram', see if you can identify the faucet. You'll
> >> need to what its manufacturer is to get the right parts.
> >> Steve
> >>
> >>
> >> On 2/12/2012 9:38 AM, sirpackyderm wrote:
> >> >
> >> > Hi all,
> >> > I have a kitchen faucet that leaks at the base of the spout. I can not
> >> > remember how it is assembled. There is a decorative cone shaped piece
> >> > that goes around the spout pipe. It does not swivel but holds the pipe
> >> > that does swivel. The water comes out at the bottom of the cone and
> >> > above the cover plate that holds the hot and cold water handles. Does
> >> > this cone shaped piece unscrew? While I can get underneath the sink it
> >> > is getting more difficult as I get older and I would be really happy
> >> > if I do not have to get down there.
> >> >
> >> > Any way I can not find schematics on line on how it is put together.
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe
> > send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
> > Links
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment