Cartoon Network

17 February 2012

[DIY] Removing old carpet

 

Not only did I get sticker shock pricing new carpet I learned they charge to remove the old carpet.  Over $400 to tear it up and haul it away.  We've torn up an individual room but never an entire house.  Since we're going to be moving the furniture around ourselves I'm thinking it might be worth it just to pay them to do the dirty work with the carpet.  I'm stuck on how to do this.  Move half the furniture to one end of the house, have them come in an tear up the old and lay the new carpet.  Then move the furniture to those rooms while they tear up and lay the front of the house?  We have a lot of heavy furniture and I hate to do everything twice.  Anyone have experience with this?  Do they normally tear up the old carpet and lay the new the same day?  I thought I'd clean the subfloors good before they put down new carpet, but is that even necessary?  Just vacuum good?


DH didn't think he was up to the stress and work of moving but I've got plenty of stress figuring out how to get all this done in the next six weeks.  Although I really wanted property again, it made good sense to stay here and update everything.  On the plus side, I've found someone in town to do the drapes so all I have to do is order the fabric.  And, I found a sofa that will work for less than I anticipated paying. The down side is I'm having an anxiety attack about laying out so much money at one time.  We've put this off for seven years thinking we'd find a new place and I'm afraid if we just don't go ahead and do it, we'll keep putting it off.  We have a lot of family coming to visit this year starting in April and I want to have the interior done before then.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment