Cartoon Network

19 February 2012

[DIY] Re: Vacuum switch failing

 

We have the Hoover wind tunnel, it's set up the same way as what you have, but the switch is a rocker instead of a push button like yours. Anyhow, our switch went bad and behaved just as you d3scribe. Got a new switch from a local vac repair place for $7.00 and put it in. All is well now, Ed

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, subprong <subprong@...> wrote:
>
> I've got this hardwood floor cleaner.
>
> http://www.usavacuum.com/category-s/85.htm
>
> The switch to turn the machine on has been failing for a few months now. I
> have to flick it several times in order for it to turn on. It's fairly
> random but it has taken more tries over those few months for it to turn on.
> Sometimes the machine will cut off randomly during operation. I even had
> one incident when the cleaner was off but would suddenly start these little
> hiccups as if it were trying to turn on (with me not touching the machine).
>
> I opened it up to see if I could find anything that looked obviously wrong
> (cracks or loose wires). I didn't see anything. The way the switch was set
> up surprised me a bit. The plastic part on the outside actually rests on
> the switch button on the inside. When you push that switch button down it
> actually stops the unit. When you lift the piece off of the switch button
> then the unit starts.
>
> I don't know if this helps. In order for the unit to start, I actually
> forcefully flick the button. It's as if I'm swiftly breaking the contact
> point.
>
> Any idea if there is something I can do about this myself? If not, do you
> think replacing the following part would do the trick..
>
> http://www.usavacuum.com/Hoover-Floormate-Circuit-Breaker-p/012-59177049.htm
>
> That is part #10 on the diagram. I'm also curious if part #23 (same price)
> has part #10 included in it.
>
> Sears has part #23 at nearly double the price.
>
> http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Hoover-Parts/Floor-scrubber-polisher-Parts/Model-H3000/0517/0630000/P0201035/00001?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=H3000
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment