Cartoon Network

24 February 2012

Re: [DIY] Refinishing bathtubs

 

Thank you for your honest appraisal of your experience. I feel like you do; I just called in the painter to "do over" a job that I tried doing. It failed, and I messed up the walls big time. Live and learn, I say. :-)

From: "snaffles@essex1.com" <snaffles@essex1.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:12 PM
Subject: RE: [DIY] Refinishing bathtubs

 

I did my own tub about 4 years ago. Rustoleum has a
bathtub paint.
There were 3 or 4 steps involved. I follwed each one
to a "T." The smell was awful. Stupid me did this in
the winter so I could not open a window.

It looked absolutely beautiful.
Within a year it began to peel.

------- Original Message -------
From : Tori[mailto:fertilegrnd@yahoo.com]
Sent : 2/23/2012 2:57:46 PM
To : DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Cc :
Subject : RE: [DIY] Refinishing bathtubs

Does anyone know what they are talking about in
this:methylene chloride. Is it a chemical in the
paint for the tub or is it a chemical used to strip
the old paint. Currently purchased ar home depot? Is
it only present when the work is being done and
inhaled- they say masks are futile?. Does this get
rinsed down the drain? Yikes! Ive thought this
method of repainting old tubs sounded very dangerous
healthwise. Is this only going to affect the
refinisher or also leave residue for the homeowner
with hot showers? Any thoughts?

http://michiganradio.org/post/chemical-bathtub-refinishing-products-blamed-13-deaths



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment