Cartoon Network

19 February 2012

Re: [DIY] Vacuum switch failing

 

What if you just short out the switch and use another method to turn the unit on and off?

Google Jers Tablet
Woodhaven, MI

On Feb 18, 2012 10:01 PM, "subprong" <subprong@gmail.com> wrote:


I've got this hardwood floor cleaner.


The switch to turn the machine on has been failing for a few months now.  I have to flick it several times in order for it to turn on.  It's fairly random but it has taken more tries over those few months for it to turn on.  Sometimes the machine will cut off randomly during operation.  I even had one incident when the cleaner was off but would suddenly start these little hiccups as if it were trying to turn on (with me not touching the machine).

I opened it up to see if I could find anything that looked obviously wrong (cracks or loose wires).  I didn't see anything. The way the switch was set up surprised me a bit.  The plastic part on the outside actually rests on the switch button on the inside.  When you push that switch button down it actually stops the unit.  When you lift the piece off of the switch button then the unit starts.  

I don't know if this helps.  In order for the unit to start, I actually forcefully flick the button.  It's as if I'm swiftly breaking the contact point.

Any idea if there is something I can do about this myself?  If not, do you think replacing the following part would do the trick..


That is part #10 on the diagram.  I'm also curious if part #23 (same price) has part #10 included in it.  

Sears has part #23 at nearly double the price.




 


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment