Cartoon Network

14 February 2012

Re: [DIY] How to kill Ivy?

 

Use rock salt
the de-icing slats have other chemicals in them.

On 2/12/2012 4:50 PM, Shelby Kail wrote:
>
>
> Thank you very much for your response.
> I like useing vinegar and bleach and salt to try and kill weeds...done
> it... been there and it can work well I know..but I am on a
> Ispectic tank so If and when I use vinegar or bleach to clean the house
> I am very careful to use a cleaning bucket to keep it contained ... and
> then dump it on some weeds to kill them out side the house. So it's
> serves a double purpose...dis-infects and helps me to clean my house on
> the inside and kills weeds on the outside when I dump it.
> But back to the current problem..........Most recently I've been dumping
> salt on the Ivy. Not the regular household salt...but salt meant for
> de-iceing walkways and such. and the Ivy...so far... does not seemed to
> be affected by it. Drat!
> I've paid a lot of dollars for these so called scrub and tree killers to
> no avail it seems... as the Ivy looks good and healthy and ready to take
> off again .
> Even though these 2 guys tore down the Ivy off of the log house....the
> roots are still there..in the ground ...and they are an inch to two
> inches big. They sawed those off some but due to the fact we've had very
> mild weather here for months I do see new growth comeing on again. And
> it scares me.
> Crude, I might have to hire a backhoe to come in here and pull the roots
> up. GEEZ.
> sj
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* terrijess <mailto:terrijess@netidea.com>
> *To:* DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
> *Sent:* Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:58 PM
> *Subject:* Re: [DIY] How to kill Ivy?
>
> have you tried pouring straight household vinegar on it? if not, I
> would givee it a try, but my gues is the roots will need to be dug.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Shelby Kail <mailto:sjkail@twlakes.net>
> *To:* DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
> *Sent:* Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:25 PM
> *Subject:* [DIY] How to kill Ivy?
>
> I hired some guys to come here last fall to kill Ivy ....it's
> was like Ivy from hell. They ripped it off of my house ( a log
> house) ...which was good..and cut it back a lot. But when it
> came to digging up the roots of it.......well they
> failed...didn't want to do it. ........
> After they cut it down I begged them to go further and dig out
> the roots. Well that was too much work for them I quess, no
> matter that I was paying them $25 an hr. I had also bought about
> 3-4 gallons of scrub and tree killer...they sparyed it one time
> and I sprayed it 2 more times late last summer going into fall.
> But I see the Ivy is wanting to take over again...still alive
> and well.
> Any ideas out there to kill this monster Ivy?
> It has caused some damage to my log home already..which I will
> have to repair..but how do I stop it's invasion?
> sj
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment