Cartoon Network

28 May 2012

[DIY] install roof turbine ??

 

I installed two on a house I remodeled, I would never use one again.
Usually when it's really hot, there is little to no wind in my
experience. Maybe different in TX. But in that hot, still condition,
the turbine restricts hot air from flowing out of the attic. I have
seen them slowly turning when there is no breeze at all, the heated
air rising out of the attic was pushing them. I remember laying in bed
on a hot still summer night and hearing them rumble as the bearings
were going and resonating thru the structure. I just removed a powered
attic fan as it is no longer needed since I installed a white metal
roof. Doug

http://www.builditsolarblog.com/2012/03/dougs-solar-projects.html

http://www.youtube.com/user/sundug69

install roof turbine ??
Posted by: "Joy Rex" jomarex@earthlink.net jmr1290
Date: Sun May 27, 2012 9:01 am ((PDT))

I bought a never-installed galvanized whirlybird turbine at the
Habitat ReStore. It seems to be a good one; nice thickness, spins
easily and is completely silent.

Took me a couple of years to get over my fear of cutting a hole in
the roof, but I'm ready to do it. Looks like it'll be hotter than
ever this summer here in Texas...

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment