Cartoon Network

31 May 2012

Re: [DIY] whirlpool cabrio washer how do you balance the drum?

 

This is a link to Sears Parts with a diagram to the construction of the washer.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Whirlpool-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WTW6600SG1/1198/0153200?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=WTW6600SG1
Lots of info here: There is a <more> button at the bottom of each page. It shows how to go into diagnostic modes to help figure out whats wrong.
http://applianceassistant.com/repair/cabrioBravoOasisGuide.php
My washer isn't hi tech like this one appears to be. But I installed it myself. It is front loading too. Before I started it up I had to remove a few bolts that secured the tub for transport. The instructions on mine said the tub wouldn't balance if the transport bolts weren't removed. The out of balance problem made me think of it. Not saying that is what's wrong, but you may closely read the instructions and check for any missed items in installation. I didn't see any reference to transport bolts in the diagram from Sears for your washer.
Steve

On 5/30/2012 12:19 PM, craftylady wrote:

 

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio washing machine model #WTW6600SG1
and Serial #CT2970114
TYPE #580
I have replaced the ELECTRONIC MACHINE AND MOTOR CONTROL part, that I call the "brain" of the washer.
I also had the washer perfectly level on the outside, top to bottom, right to left, and front to back. However the inner basket looks like it tips to the back. And every time I run it, it gives me the code for out of balance or overloaded. Which it has not been overloaded. I have adjusted and readjusted the laundry in it several times to get it to work and it still does not work properly. I even went ahead and added blocks under the back two legs in an effort to have the basket itself be level. That has not helped either.

Can anyone tell me what I actually need to do to be able to balance this basket so it will spin the water out of the clothes?
The basket appears to be suspended from 4 rods to hold it up. Is there a way to adjust anything on those rods?

I have called Whirlpool and they are not helpful at all. They have no phone / ask a question tech support. Their only solution was to send a tech at a cost of $100.00 just to show up.

I feel that since I am intelligent enough and have the ability to know how to remove the washer brain and install the new brain, that I should have the ability to level the thing. It's and expensive HE washer. At this point I'm starting to call it a piece of junk. So yes I am rapidly losing my patience with it.
HELP!!!

On the bright side I did just remove my old dishwasher and install the new one, complete with compression fittings, by myself!!! Yay Me!!!

Thank you for all the help and advice and suggestions I know I'm going to receive from you other DIY'ers out there.
Linda

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment