Cartoon Network

28 May 2012

[DIY] off the beaten path- veggie garden

 

I know this is not the norm here on the DIY page, however I am "doing it myself" in trying to raise some vegetables in pots on my front porch which gets adequate sun. I have a cucumber vine and two (possibly three) tomato plants - one is a beefsteak tomato and the other (one or two) is a cherry tomato plant, some peppers and some herbs (cilantro, oregano). the tomatos have bloomed and begun growing, however two of the silver dollar sized green tomatos from the beefsteak plant have been eaten by something= possibly squirrels???? I have never seen deer in the neighborhood but I guess that is a possibility. Would anyone know about any natural deterrent I can use on my plants to stop this from happening? moth balls, alcohol, anything like that? any info would be appreciated

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment