Cartoon Network

26 May 2012

[DIY] Toilet flange orientation

 

One of the "T" bolts that hold father's toilet to the flange has popped out of the toilet.  When I removed the toilet, I found that the big black flange that carries away the waste is positioned such that one of the "T" bolts really has nothing to grab.  I tenderly put everything back together and got the T bolts tight but I don't think the fix will last.

What holds the black flange in place?  I mean can I grab the flange and turn it 20 degrees?  Before I started this job, the man in the big box told me I would find a white plastic spacer that would be screwed to the floor.  The spacer was there but it was screwed to the flange not the floor so I could not just rotate the spacer.

If I can't rotate the flange, then I will buy a plastic flange that does bolt to the floor but then I would be concerned about the seal to the flange.

Google Jers Tablet
Woodhaven, MI

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment