Cartoon Network

28 May 2012

Re: [DIY] shout out to Dale

 

Thanks for asking, but yes in a manner of speaking I'm OK.  We have been so involved with our own projects that I've not had the energy to do much more than make sure all the posts went through.  Believe it or not, there are still those out there that are being moderated and of course they don't appear until they try to post.  In the last four months we have had new fencing installed around the back yard, new concrete poured which included several connected slabs plus the slab for an extension onto my shop.  They are also going to be in the process of replacing the house roof, plus new fascia,  soffit and guttering.  The new addition to my shop was supposed to slip under the roof line of the existing building, but the dimensions I got from the sales rep. were in error by about 2 1/2 inches.  It was OK thought now that it is all done because the existing structure was 3 inches out of square and as a result I gained another 1 1/2 foot of space.  Tying the two roof lines together with one being 5/12 and the other 8/12 pitch was a joy to say the least, but once finished it looks pretty good.  I've been covering the old shop portion with metal to match the new addition and when finished it will look like it is all one steel building.  This will give me a shop and garage that is 20 by 40 which I would have died for in my younger days.  I had to have the extra room because of the kitchen cabinets and china closets I'm hoping to build to the wife.

The enclosed photo is mother's new rolling cabinet which will give her work space while the other new lower cabinets are being set in place.  The top of this cabinet is 3/4 inch Polypropylene, but her other cabinet tops will be High Density Polyethylene which is the same material commercial cutting boards are made of.  Nothing sticks and they do not stain.  The rolling cabinet is primarily intended for baking and the surface is great for rolling out breads and other baked goods, it can be rolled into another room and plugged in if need be.  I just about beat myself to death building this in my crowded shop, hence the new addition, something had to give.



Dale in the Flat Lands:-----         Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.      ~Ronald Reagan        

wired wrote:
I have been missing replies by our moderator, dale in the Flatlands. Everything OK, Dale?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment