Cartoon Network

29 May 2012

[DIY] Re: install roof turbine ??

 

It takes energy from the rising hot air to turn the turbine, that
slows the air down. Anything put into the hole in the roof restricts
air flow. Insect screening also slows air flow. Oh yeah, mine also
leaked in heavy rain. Doug

Re: install roof turbine ??
Posted by: "jmr1290" jomarex@earthlink.net jmr1290
Date: Mon May 28, 2012 9:42 am ((PDT))

I don't think the turbine *restricts the hot air flow from the attic.
More than an un-capped hole, but that was a lot of hot air escaping
from the attic, to make the turbine turn.

They don't make 'em like they used to. I'm sure some company does, but
apparently you won't find the good ones in the big box stores.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Doug Kalmer <dougkalmer@...> wrote:
>
> I installed two on a house I remodeled, I would never use one again.
> Usually when it's really hot, there is little to no wind in my
> experience. Maybe different in TX. But in that hot, still condition,
> the turbine restricts hot air from flowing out of the attic. I have
> seen them slowly turning when there is no breeze at all, the heated
> air rising out of the attic was pushing them. I remember laying in bed
> on a hot still summer night and hearing them rumble as the bearings
> were going and resonating thru the structure. I just removed a powered
> attic fan as it is no longer needed since I installed a white metal
> roof. Doug
>
> http://www.builditsolarblog.com/2012/03/dougs-solar-projects.html
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/sundug69
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment