Cartoon Network

24 May 2012

[DIY] Re: Help on washer plz

 



I'm very curious what kind of store you went to that told you the machine requires a "specific" hose. So much for customer service; I don't know why they can't be helpful when they see someone is unfamiliar with a product (part, procedure, etc.) The reply that said they are standard is correct. You can get them at any big box store, or Sears store. I wouldn't get a used one because I wouldn't want to risk a worn spot on it, but that's just me. I have had a lot of trouble with these hoses, all related to the fact that these machines are made overseas, not domestically, and while designed well, they are not made to tolerance anymore. The last time I bought one (a hose) it was in the $7.00 range. While I know that's $7.00 of grocery money, it's $7 well spent if you want to wash clothes. I would eat celery and carrots for a day if that's what it took; beats washing clothes in the bathtub and wringing them out by hand, which is your other alternative. Be sure to attach the hose firmly and tighten the clamp if it's a screw-type clamp, or get the ring clamp positioned in the right spot. If you don't, you will have a wet mess. Not bad if you have an empty basement, but if this machine is near any living space, you don't want gallons of water rushing out all over. My clamp is in an awkward spot, so I don't always get it connected properly the firt time. (High end machine, made in Korea to worthless stanards.) Hope this helps; I know the frustration of standing in the store aisle for the third time, ready to burst into tears, and wondering what to do.

Christine - Mpls

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Gawrshman" <gawrsh_man@...> wrote:
>
> I have an old Kenmore Model 110 that was given to me but is missing the drain hose. I went to buy one and they said it probably takes a specific one. I thought all older washing machines had universal hoses, guess i was wrong. Anywho, I cannot seem to find one for a reasonable price or free. We are on a fixed income and cannot afford a new hose. I've tried freecycle but havent had any luck there either. Anyone have any ideas?
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment