Cartoon Network

29 May 2012

Re: [DIY] install roof turbine ??

 

Everyone has an opinion, and I am no different. I don't care for the
roof turbines at all.
I would just as soon leave an open hole in my roof as have a turbine.
Yes, the high quality ones
are a far better solution the the open hole, but sooner or later it will
fail and let rain in. Not to
mention an open pathway for a termite swarm to gain access. A power
exhaust with a screen
is a far better ventilation option (IMHO).

Rich B
SE Texas (temporarily in NE PA working

On 5/27/2012 11:56 AM, Joy Rex wrote:
> I bought a never-installed galvanized whirlybird turbine at the
> Habitat ReStore. It seems to be a good one; nice thickness, spins
> easily and is completely silent.
>
> Took me a couple of years to get over my fear of cutting a hole in
> the roof, but I'm ready to do it. Looks like it'll be hotter than
> ever this summer here in Texas...
>
> Picture under jmr
>
> If I spray some WD-40 on it, should I be able to twist it to get it
> at the right angle for my roof, or do I need to take it apart
> or ... ?? It looks to me like they just stuck it together (one
> website suggested they come new un-assembled), didn't put any screws
> in to hold it.
>
> thanks
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment