Cartoon Network

12 June 2013

[DIY] New Toys:

 

I know that between being gone and slightly over whelmed with projects I've been away from the group for a while, however in following the groups activity I see everyone has been well served.

I was kept from the shop last winter because of the cost of gas and so decided to go back to wood heat, but this posed a problem as I wanted to use my generated scrap in as efficient a manner as possible which eventually led to decide to build my own stove.  As is always the case, one thing only leads to another, and I was going to need to cut and weld several different gauge metals, often joining thick to thin as so on.  I have decided to build what is commonly called a "rocket stove" not because it flies but due to the rocket like sound it makes.  You can do a Google search if you like and you find that there are as many designs as their are people building them, but they all seem to contain one feature, with an insulated fire chamber which results in a very hot flame and little or no smoke.

This is a cut-away view of the basic unit I will be building.  The outer drum stays below 800 Deg F and using a 30 gallon drum, this should keep my shop quite toasty.


--
Dale in the Flatlands. "Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous."

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment