Cartoon Network

23 June 2013

Re: [DIY] tile backsplash and electrical outlets

 

Thanks for all the replies.  I haven't tiled yet, so it sounds like moving the boxes is the most elegant option, and we'll call box extenders plan B. 
My house is crawling with GFCIs--kitchen, bathrooms, garage, basement--so no need to change.

Incidentally, this will let me move further along with a project; I'm color-coding my breakers.  A drop of colored nail polish on the breaker switch, one on the description in the box, and now I'm thinking about using a tiny matching dot on each outlet or switch.  Some of the circuits go places I didn't expect--for instance, the basement outlet is on the same circuit as the bathrooms.  And no, this doesn't substitute for making sure the power is off to the circuit before doing any work.

thanks again,
Lee


At 06:07 AM 6/22/2013, you wrote:

 

Go to home depot and get " box extenders" . Theres 2 in a pack in tbe electrical dept. near the electrical remodel boxes. They come with long screws. Pull out your outlets and switches, slip in the extenders and replace the outlets.

Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

------Original Message------
From: Susan <smcmytreasures02@gmail.com>
To: <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Saturday, June 22, 2013 5:56:06 AM GMT-0500
Subject: Re: [DIY] tile backsplash and electrical outlets

I would get longer screws. It is the easiest and the less expensive
option.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Lee M-S <steiconi@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
>
> How do I adjust for the new wall thickness at outlets after I tile?
> Set the boxes further forward?
> tile around the cover plates?
> get loooong screws for the plates?
> or, hopefully, another option?
> I have to account for three outlets and two switches.
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment