Cartoon Network

14 June 2013

Re: [DIY] Busted!

 

Dale, that's a generic strategy you've got going there.  You're way smarter than that.  ...trying to convince your better half that it's a mandatory tool and that all of your tools are only needed in order to build/fix things for her.  Trust me when I tell you that you are saying one thing and she is hearing the translated truth, which is....

"I can't wait to get my new toy and unwrap it in my mancave playground shop!  I'll make a whole day of it as if it were xmas morning all over again.  Then I'll play with it and experiment on many things for many months before I get to that project that I promised the wifey.  Where shall I set this new toy up!  Gosh maybe I should expand my shop to make room for it!  I may need to get a new (insert additional tool name here) for that too.". :)


On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Dale S <dalu@hbcomm.net> wrote:
 

The wife and I were siting on the deck this evening when she suddenly out of the clear blue asked me what I was going to buy myself for fathers day, and strongly insinuated that she expected that it might be the Multiplaz.  All I could say in reply was "it will be here Monday."  I guess it is a sure bet I'll be getting very little else, as she has already started to murmur clips like, "wonder what I could buy for me with $2,000.00."  When I broached the subject of all of her new appliances, clothes, dog fencing, patios and sundry other recent benefits I was promptly reminded that I had bought those things and besides I got a new addition to my shop, so none of that even began to count.   What ever made us men begin to believe we could get away clean with anything???  I keep trying to convince the little lady that were it not for the pleasure of building and fixing things for her, I wouldn't need all those tools.  I'm sure you can guess about how high that lead balloon flies.

--
Dale in the Flatlands. "Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous."


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment