Cartoon Network

16 June 2013

Re: [DIY] Fence Care

 

Ive had great luck with this on my deck and fencing as well as cleaning or hammock.

Www.stainsolver.com

On Jun 15, 2013 11:50 AM, "nan8136" <nanmaas@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 

I have a two year old cedar fence that I would like to stain. It now has a grey look to it that I assume needs to be washed off before applying stain. A clerk at Home Depot showed me a Behr product that is to be sprayed on then scrubbed with a stiff brush to clean the wood.

The fence is about 50' long and 5' high. I know that much would be too much for me to do by myself and would like to get some suggestions from you as to anything that can be done to clean it without scrubbing. Can it be pressure washed? Or something else.

Both sides would mean over 100 feet! I think I can get someone to apply the stain or maybe I could even do that by myself. But scrubbing that much, no way.

Also what's a good way to apply stain? I will be using stain from my neighbor since our fences run together and they will be the same color that way. The fence boards butt up to each other with just a bit of space between them. Don't know the name of that style.

Nancy

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment