Cartoon Network

25 June 2013

RE: [DIY] Electric Question

 

How old is that wire?  I've come across underground conduit that has been a problem for the wires underneath because of trees or a break in the line got water in the conduit.  Don't let him run a new line unless it's necessary.  If he insists, check with another electrician.
 
You can rerun wires through the conduit if you wish.  But first, check the continuity of the wires by disconnecting at both ends and check to see if any two are shorted or any is shorted with the conduit.  If not, twist together one end and check for opens on the other.  That should tell you if there is a problem with the wires that were run.  If there are no opens or shorts, you probably don't want to run new wire.  If there is a problem connect the new wiring to the old and pull through.

 

To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: frankruggiero@me.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:46:35 -0400
Subject: Re: [DIY] Electric Question

 
Yes, underground. But this is all starting from a clean slate. A patio will be built over the electric wires. 

I'm just having a hard time figuring out an easy way to get the electric outside, without making a complete mess of my basement. 

Electrician wants to run a new line, but I am wondering if I can just tap into the junction box that is there. I am not sure if he saw that box. 

But I get the fact that it depends on
What else is being powered. I will have to look into that. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 25, 2013, at 7:38 AM, Ron Johnson <l0c0l0b0@hotmail.com> wrote:

 


I would also be concerned as to how you're running the wire.  Underground, is what I'm thinking.  Is it an existing column where there are wires run already?
 

To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: dcwired@att.net
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:08:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [DIY] Electric Question

 
It depends on the current load of the circuit and what size of new lights you plan to use.  Find the breaker controlling the existing light and see what else it turns off.  Find this out and let us know.


On 6/24/2013 9:53 PM, Frank Ruggiero wrote:
 
Hi Electricians.

I am hoping to build 3 light columns in my backyard. I noticed I have a junction box mounted to my foundation which powers a light above my back door.

Is it possible to tap into that box to power the 3 additional light columns.

Does anyone see an issue with powering 4 lights from one standard box?

Excuse my ignorance on electric. I want to do this in the least invasive way and I am hoping that I can use this box to extend my lighting.

By the way, the light switch in my kitchen controls the box, which would be ideal in this setup.

Any thoughts?

Frank

Sent from my iPhone




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment