Cartoon Network

20 June 2013

[DIY] Re: Tiling Wall Behind Stove & Fridge

 

Paul, there is a product called Schluter Ditra that is used mostly for floors but you can also put it on walls. I think it would serve your application nicely as one of it's functions is to bridge gaps between your substrate material. Google the product and there is plenty of material out there on it. Once again, you must use the right type of thinset for under and on top of it depending on your substrate and tiles. I remodel homes and do a lot of tiling and have experience in this subject.
Nina

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <przxto99@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have previously used CBU as a substrate, so I am familiar with that product, and others that are similar.
>
> However, I am resigned to have the tile installed over the existing pine boards, and I am looking for any ideas about how to prepare the surface of these boards for the tile adhesive.
>
> No doubt, the tile installer I hire for this job will have some ideas on this.
>
> Paul
>
>
> ***************************************
>
> --- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "nina.finelli" <nina.finelli@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > If it was mine, I would use concrete board as a substrate. I think you would probably be okay using the pine but I like to lean on the side of doing the industry standard. Whatever you choose, do know that using a non-modified thinset over concrete board is what you should use for your adhesive but not over wood substrates. It will loosen from a wood substrate. If you do go with wood, use a latex modified thinset.
> > Nina
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment