Cartoon Network

24 January 2012

RE: [DIY] DIY - Need Help with burnt out socket in hanging light

 

If it was my fixture, I would take it down, then take it apart, get the
replacement part(s) that I needed, including new wires for the sockets if
needed, then put it back together and put it back up. If you are not sure
about hanging a fixture, take pictures as you take it down and apart, as a
memory jog.
ck

-----Original Message-----
From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of countrygal8120
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 2:24 PM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] DIY - Need Help with burnt out socket in hanging light

I don't have much experience with electrical issues, but here's the problem:

I have a stained glass hanging light with three 60 watt lights. Yesterday,
I tried to replace a burnt out bulb in one of the sockets. When I tried to
screw the light in, the part that holds the lightbulb became semi-detached
from the socket and shorted out the bulb and severed one of the wires
connecting the socket to the rest of the light (there are two wires for each
socket).

I assume that I could just replace the light fixture part of this light, but
would I need to take down the fixture from the ceiling, or what is the
easiest way to do this??

It is obvious to me that the light fixture that came with this light is
really cheap and hopefully I can find a better one. I really like the
stained glass shell so I want to keep that and not replace the whole
fixture.

I could really use your help. I don't want to leave the thing like this for
long because of the wire that is hanging from one of the sockets.

Bsusan

------------------------------------

Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe
send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com Yahoo! Groups
Links

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment