Cartoon Network

25 January 2012

Re: [DIY] DIY - Need Help with burnt out socket in hanging light

 

Thanks, Bill.

I am determined to do this without setting the house on fire!

I may give you another shout after I get what I need.

Regards,

Bsusan

--- On Tue, 1/24/12, OOWONBS@Netscape.net <OOWONBS@Netscape.net> wrote:

From: OOWONBS@Netscape.net <OOWONBS@Netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [DIY] DIY - Need Help with burnt out socket in hanging light
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 2:12 PM

 

Your main issue will probably be that the old socket might be riveted
onto the wire. This may throw you. you'll want to cut that off then,
closely.
Carry it to the store. Gte it AND some wire and a FEW wires nuts.
You'll maybe find the lamp wire now 1/4" too short to strip and screw
onto the socket, and have to replace much or all of the lamp's wiring.

Go step by step. it's easy nuf fer a country gal, who as we all know,
kin do 'most any ole thang, anyway. It's a hassle, but it ain't hard.

BLACK goes to the center of a socket & bulb...!
It's code & is to help keep you from getting shocked when screwing
a bulb in, if you forget to turn off the elec.

BillSF9c

-----------------
I have a stained glass hanging light with three 60 watt lights.
Yesterday, I
tried to replace a burnt out bulb in one of the sockets. When I tried
to screw
the light in, the part that holds the lightbulb became semi-detached
from the
socket and shorted out the bulb and severed one of the wires connecting
the
socket to the rest of the light (there are two wires for each socket).

I assume that I could just replace the light fixture part of this
light, but
would I need to take down the fixture from the ceiling, or what is the
easiest
way to do this??

It is obvious to me that the light fixture that came with this light is
really
cheap and hopefully I can find a better one. I really like the stained
glass
shell so I want to keep that and not replace the whole fixture.

I could really use your help. I don't want to leave the thing like
this for
long because of the wire that is hanging from one of the sockets.

Bsusan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment