Cartoon Network

09 February 2012

[DIY] Kitchen Range Question

 

Hey, new member here. I should have joined this list years a go, shame on me.
I have a few rental properties which I've done major improvements on for the past 25 years, but sometimes I run into problems when it comes to trusting electricans and plumbers. I can handle a little bit of plumbing but when it comes to electrical problems... well that stuff scares me to death.
I do have a question here.....I had a tentant call me and they said when they turned on the stove oven the element sparked and then smoked and the kitchen lights dimmed.
I went over there today to check things out . When they first called, of course , I thought it needed a new oven element......but then they told me more today.... like the lights dimmed in the kitchen and then when they tried out the stove top burners they made a hissing noise. being me...I turned on a burner and put my ear to it..and yes I detected a noise also. No, I didn't burn my ear off, lol, so that's not my problem.
I went ahead and ordered a new kitchen range after talking to a salesman at Lowes and it's to be delivered on Friday.
What I wonder ....is..... this just a problem with the stove's wireing going bad (the stove is about 15 years old, I bought it new back then) or could this be a problem with my wireing inside the house to the stove?
The guy at Lowes of course wanted to sell me a new stove and now I don't know if he's scaming me...and I did go ahead and pay for one..... and also ordered a new pigtail for $22 , other wise I would have had to pay someone to hook up the one that is already there.
What I worry about is if they hook up the new stove and then I find out it's the wireing inside the house that caused the oven to fry ...the new stove will also be fried!!!
Any thoughts on this?
sj

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment