Cartoon Network

13 February 2012

Re: [DIY] How to kill Ivy?

 

I'll look into this. Thanks so much for the link...... I had not thought of this. I've got a big roll of black plastic and I don't care if it kills everything  else  as long as the Ivy is killed off, I can re-landscrape it later.
Thank you and others for your responses to my problem.
sj
----- Original Message -----
From: S_Wilson
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2012 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [DIY] How to kill Ivy?

Look up 'soil solarization'.
You cover the ground with plastic after cutting everything down as close as you can get it.
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn74145.htm
It cooks the ground, killing most everything. It effectively composts the soil. I looked to see if it was effective for English ivy, didn't find if it was or not.

Steve

On 2/12/2012 2:25 PM, Shelby Kail wrote:
 

I hired some guys to come here last fall to kill Ivy ....it's  was like Ivy from hell. They ripped it off of my house ( a log house) ...which was good..and cut it back a lot. But when it came to digging up the roots of it.......well they failed...didn't want to do it. ........
After they cut it down I begged  them to go further and dig out the roots. Well that was too much work for them I quess, no matter that I was paying them $25 an hr. I had also bought about 3-4 gallons of scrub and tree  killer...they sparyed it one time and I sprayed it 2 more times late last summer going into fall. But I see the Ivy is wanting to take over again...still alive and well.
Any ideas out there to kill this monster Ivy?
It has caused some  damage to my log home already..which I will have to repair..but how do I stop it's invasion?
sj

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment