Cartoon Network

17 February 2016

[DIY] HE Washing machine - Off Topic [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com included below]

Just delete if not interested.  I'm looking for some thoughts from real people. There is such a wide range of experience on the list, thought I'd check.   I purchased a new HE Samsung Washer/Dryer set, had to order on-line due to the back problem.  Beautiful set, finally able to use it and hate it.  Clothes come out tangled, twisted & pilled from rubbing together.  Black slacks had residue on them.  Not every load of clothes fits their pre-sets, but no way to override it - Samsung techs no help & the idea of adding a bucket of water, standing there and resetting it once the clothes are wet etc etc are simply not practical.  I could take a bath in the tub it's that deep, most machines are made for families and it's just two of us.  The issue with the extra deep tub - I'm 5'7" and can't reach the bottom - is personal.  The auto sense water level is a problem since there is no way to override it. I know I'm used to the old method but wetting the clothes and rubbing them together doesn't work for me.  Samsung says the water is pushed through the clothes and sufficient to clean but I don't like the way the clothes come out. 


Lowe's has a 30 day return policy, which has passed, but I talked to customer service and yesterday the manager called, didn't want me to be unhappy with my purchase.  He would refund my money or I could come in and purchase a different set and he would refund the difference.  I'm at a loss as to just live with it or exchange it.  In fairness, it preformed better with large loads but the only time I have a large load is with sheets. I'm going in this afternoon to look at other machines.  I've read reviews till I'm blue in the face — anyone have personal experience and/or recommendations on washing machines?  Hard to find anything but HE but increasing the running time, using more electricity, seems to cancel out any savings from using less water.  So is HE-energy saving just a term for forcing us to reduce water use?

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)


Posted by: "oakridgefarm@gmail.com" <oakridgefarm@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment