Cartoon Network

24 February 2016

Re: [DIY] Thanks Dale! + HVAC installation

 

Thanks for posting the extra information Bob.  I'm anxious to meet the HVAC guy, "my guy" said he was good and very reasonable.  Our situation is so different from what they handle everyday - everyone wants to look around and ask questions (usually Why?) and that's fine, we love sharing it.  But not everyone wants to take on an unusual project although this should actually be fairly simple since everything is open.  


We're in a holding pattern for estimates on the things we have to have before I can start on what I'd like to have.  I want to do each project in the right sequence.  I wasted a whole lot of money and frustration years ago by asking the installer if he could add an extra outlet for the built in vac system.  Oh yeah, he said, no problem. Turns out they had already completed the runs and had to run the ductwork under the rafters of the ceiling in the room below.  In addition to being unsightly they charged an extra $1000.   Now I say,  let me be sure I understand what you plan to do, but I still got a surprise with this new plumbing system, Plumber said it would be easier to run the pipe in front a post instead of behind but just a short piece would show, was that OK?  I didn't realize till it was done, it was a section of large, white pvc pipe.  Not a big deal but another lesson.  Getting too old for OJT.

On Feb 24, 2016, at 6:56 AM, Bob Davis bob@wrobertdavis.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Let me get my facts straight.  

__._,_.___

Posted by: "oakridgefarm@gmail.com" <oakridgefarm@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment