Cartoon Network

19 February 2016

Re: [DIY] HE Washing machine - Off Topic [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com included below]

Thanks loads everyone!  

>>Yes Doug,  my normal detergent is HE even though I didn't have an HE machine before.  Even so, I reduced the amount to about half what it called for.

Don't you love this?  The whole idea is to reduce water usage but the manufacturers themselves advise a presoak and extra rinse on every cycle, so what have we saved??

>>Now I use a fairly short pre-soak cycle, drain, and then run most all of my clothes on a delicate cycle.  The delicate cycle uses more water to reduce wear on the fabric, and is a bit shorter in      length, but gets everything quite clean.  I also usually set for an extra rinse cycle, especially for black or dark items. 

I think the Maytag Bravo may be a similar machine. I didn't even know they made machines with tubs that deep, you would have to be over 6' tall to reach down and pull up wet clothes.  I did read to keep a pair of tongs handy.  By chance does she have the impeller model?  Lowe's manager told me he only had a GE and a Maytag  he thought had the ability to change the water level some.  I spent 5 hours on-line yesterday reading about different machines - as well as doing a few more loads to be sure I wasn't doing something wrong.  I think my biggest problem is I only have small loads, with just two people I couldn't have a load of 21 towels unless I borrowed from a neighbor.  I don't even have that many towels anymore.  Samsung recommends keeping a few old, threadbare & lintless bath towels, or clean stuffed toys, to add to small loads.  Where are these guys coming from?  Definitely not women who have spent years doing family wash.

>>Wife bought  the Maytag w/ clear lid; Loves her machine, did NOT buy the (competing deep machine) because she saw*** she could not reach the bottom of it; but does say that she DOES     use the Perma-press setting a lot, because it does not wring the clothes as much, and so does not wrinkle as bad.  

One suggestion I got to prevent tangled/wrinkled clothes was to use the no-spin cycle.  Again, where are these guys coming from? We spend $$$$ for a machine that requires us to do more work than we did before, labor savings devices?  Don't think so.

I do want a clear lid, part of the reason I got the Samsung.  I didn't get into Lowes yesterday to see their selection but if I can find one there, I'll purchase a new set from them.  I realize now, these machines are made for doing huge loads of mixed clothes, I just can't do that.  I hate for them to simply refund my money and take a loss on something that wasn't their fault, my husband suggests if I can't find what I want there just keep what I have and try to make do since everything is going HE.  The company did tell these are federal mandates, not coming from the company itself.

Thanks again for the help,

On Feb 18, 2016, at 10:21 AM, Terry THenne1713@aol.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Wife bought  the Maytag w/ clear lid; Loves her machine, did NOT buy the (competing deep machine) because she saw*** she could not reach the bottom of it; but does say that she DOES use the Perma-press setting a lot, because it does not wring the clothes as much, and so does not wrinkle as bad.


** Something (I NEVER) would have guessed, LOL


__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)


Posted by: "oakridgefarm@gmail.com" <oakridgefarm@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment