Cartoon Network

18 February 2016

[DIY] Re: HE Washing machine - Off Topic

 

HE washers. Ugh. I love the idea of them, but no matter what any salesperson says they do not perform as well as the full tub washers, even with HE detergents. Especially if you prefer powdered laundry detergent, which makes that moldy HE smell less likely.


I've had three different HE washers at my apartments in the city. I got tired of re-running full loads through a second time...

Now I use a fairly short pre-soak cycle, drain, and then run most all of my clothes on a delicate cycle.  The delicate cycle uses more water to reduce wear on the fabric, and is a bit shorter in length, but gets everything quite clean.  I also usually set for an extra rinse cycle, especially for black or dark items. 

Hope this helps!!  Also, if you haven't had HE washers before, definitely leave the door to the washer open between cycles and do the recommended cleaning cycle at least once or twice a month. HE washers mold is disgusting!!

__._,_.___

Posted by: kath2474@aol.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment