Cartoon Network

23 February 2016

Re: [DIY] Dumb question I hesitate to ask, just delete if you like:)

 

Thanks Mike, I read something similar but in terms of new construction; hadn't thought to ask for something like that here.  You are right, we see it as a comfortable home built in a barn, and are willing to give and take because we love the property.   We do have real living quarters upstairs, this will be an extra space, so initial cost vs cost recovery will probably make the decision.  Although once I get those windows in I may move down there, LOL.  I like the idea of having an AC system with ducts to this large room, the laundry room and our extra room - now, (they are side by side) but have the ability to expand it later.  Probably you'd have to put in a unit big enough to start with, and there's where the expense lies.  We have 2500' down there.  Had a friend over yesterday who had some very good ideas but this is one of those projects you could keep going forever.  If we'd found it even 10 years ago it would have been much different.   A surprise to everyone was the appraisal came in $20K over what we paid - and our homeowners policy was much lower than expected.  If we were younger, if we had more cash available, if wishes were horses... beggars would ride.


It won't look like the pictures on Pinterest but that doesn't mean I don't want the best I can get with what I have.    I will put this info in my barn book so I'll know what to ask when the heating man comes.  One of the biggest factors in getting what I want will be knowing the right questions to ask.  And this is one area I'm out of my depth.  We've done a lot of building and remodeling, but I wasn't the one handling the technical end of it :)  

__._,_.___

Posted by: "oakridgefarm@gmail.com" <oakridgefarm@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment