Cartoon Network

23 July 2012

[DIY] Car Starter Problem

 

You have come thru to help me with good advice in the past so I'm here again.

I bought a new car battery last winter so I know that's good. Last night when I turned the key in the ignition it just went "click" with nothing happening. Then when I tried it the second time the engine turned over and off I went. A few times in the past I would hear a short bzzzz kind of sound when I turned the key. (Good description, huh?) Well, that happened maybe 6 times in the last year (before and after the new battery). But I never heard absolutely nothing till last night.

When my husband was alive he did lots of car mechanical work and was always telling me stuff about what he was doing. I certainly miss having him when stuff like this occurs. I believe there is a starter and an ignition switch, is that right? Well, what might my problem be? I hate to have the car not start when I'm out someplace or have the grandkids with me.

It's a 2007 Accord which I have regularly serviced at the dealer. I hate to go in and just give them free reign as to what to fix. I also don't know if I need to be nervous about this, but I am. Any advice on what it might be? Or how I should approach the dealer with my problem?

Nancy

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment