Cartoon Network

25 July 2012

Re: [DIY] Car Starter Problem

 

Nancy
This might not apply to your car, but when I bought my RX7 10 or 12 years ago, it had the same problem. If I ran it every day it was ok, but let it set for 2 or 3 day and the battery would go flat. I could literally measure the battery drain by disconecting the positive battery terminal and putting an ammeter in line ... pulled all the fuses, still had a battery drain; disconnected 2 fusible links, still had battery drain with what I thought would be a no load situation. After a lot of coffee, it turned out that a previous owner had installed axillary lights, and had removed them before selling the car, leaving the relays in place. When I removed the relays, which he had wired directly to the battery, the problem was solved. FWIW
ltd

On 7/25/2012 10:12 AM, nan8136 wrote:

 

Well, I'm kind of back to zero in this thing. All has been checked. The battery terminals are clear. I took my car to a parts store yesterday and everything checked out ok. The guy that did the check said the only thing he could think of was maybe something was causing a slow drain on the battery. I know electrical problems are hard to find and fix. Since it's not too bad I will wait and hopefully not have a "no starting" car in the future.

Thanks for your ideas. I would not have taken it to the parts store without your suggestions.

Nancy



  No virus found in this incoming message.  Checked by AVG - www.avg.com   Version: 8.5.455 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/5153 - Release Date: 07/24/12 19:36:00    

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment